Dental Sealants from Longmont Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics help protect your teeth from decay
Dental sealants create a barrier on the grooves of molars–where it’s often difficult to clean and easy for bacteria to develop. Untreated tooth decay can lead to more serious oral health problems, including gum disease and tooth loss. An upside, no drills or injections.
Who Needs Dental Sealants?
Children, teenagers, adults, or anyone who is at high risk of developing cavities can benefit from sealants. Whether it’s for developing good oral hygiene habits or having a history of cavities, the proper dental sealant can provide the right level of shielding against tooth decay.
Dental Issues That Could Require Emergency Dental Care
- Toothache or sever dental pain
- Broken or chipped tooth
- Lost or knocked out tooth
- Swelling or infection in the mouth or jaw
- A lost or losse orthodontic appliance (such as a bracket or wire)
- Trauma or injury to the moth or jaw
- Abscess or pus-filled pocket on the gums
- A broken or lost dental restoration (such as a filling or crown)
- Gum bleeding that doesn't stop
Choose Longmont Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics for High-Quality Dental Sealants
At Longmont Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics, we offer high-quality dental sealant services in a comfortable and friendly environment. Our team of experienced dentists and hygienists will work with you to determine if dental sealants are right for you or your child. We use the latest technology and techniques to ensure that your treatment is quick, painless, and effective.
At Longmont Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics, we are committed to providing high-quality dental sealant services to our patients in Longmont. Contact us today to schedule your appointment and take the first step towards a healthier, happier smile.
Signs You Might Need Dental Sealants
- You or your child have deep grooves or fissures in your teeth.
- You or your child have a history of cavities or tooth decay.
- You or your child have difficulty cleaning your teeth thoroughly.
- You or your child are prone to snacking or eating sugary or acidic foods.
- You want to prevent tooth decay and maintain good oral health.
Risks and Consequences
Tooth decay is damage to the tooth’s enamel. If left untreated over time, it can lead to serious oral health problems including gum disease, tooth loss, and even systemic health issues like heart disease and diabetes. Good news: our high-quality dentals sealants at Longmont Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics provide an effective treatment. Better news: it’s possible to impede and even reverse this process during its earliest stage.
Statistics or studies on the effectiveness of dental sealants:
- Studies have shown that dental sealants can reduce the risk of tooth decay in permanent molars by up to 80% in the first two years after application, and by up to 60% for four years after application.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), school-age children without sealants have almost three times more cavities than children with sealants.
Dental sealants can reduce risk of tooth decay in the first two years1
Dental sealants can reduce risk of tooth decay for four years1
Our Dentist Team for Sealants
Our dental team at Longmont Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics in Longmont is dedicated to providing exceptional care and expertise when it comes to dental sealants.
Affordable Dental Sealants
Dental sealants are an effective way to prevent cavities and keep your teeth healthy. Call us today to schedule an appointment and learn more about how dental sealants can benefit you and your family.
Protect your teeth from decay with dental sealants from Longmont Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics in Longmont. Call us now to schedule an appointment with our expert dental team and ensure the health and longevity of your smile.
Dental Sealants FAQs
How long do dental sealants last?
Dental sealants can last up to 10 years with proper care and maintenance.
Are dental sealants painful?
No, getting dental sealants is a painless and non-invasive procedure.
How are dental sealants applied?
First, the teeth are cleaned and dried. Then, a special gel is applied to the teeth to help the sealant bond to the tooth surface. Finally, the sealant is applied and hardened with a special light.
Are there any side effects of dental sealants?
No, dental sealants are a safe and effective way to protect your teeth from decay.
Do dental sealants require any special care?
No, you can care for your dental sealants just like you care for your natural teeth. Just make sure to brush and floss regularly and visit your dentist for regular checkups.
1 Griffin SO, Regnier E, Griffin PM, Huntley VN. Effectiveness of fluoride in preventing caries in adults. J Dent Res. 2007 Mar;86(3):267-71. doi: 10.1177/154405910708600315. PMID: 17384008.